Chia seeds are seriously rad. As tiny little seeds, they pack a very nutritionally dense punch. They are a great vegetarian source of omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, calcium, protein, antioxidants, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
This recipe has been a staple of mine for years. It is so quick to prepare and can easily be made to pack up and go. This recipe is great for anyone with dietary restrictions. It is gluten-free, vegan, delicious and SUPER healthy!
Here is what you will need:
- 3 Tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/4-1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tablespoon of hemp seeds or shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of cacao nibs (optional)
- Handful of fresh berries (blueberries and raspberries are my favourite!)
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup (optional)
- Combine the chia seeds and almond milk in a bowl or container.
- Let sit for ~10 minutes, or until the chia seeds have started to form a gel consistency
- Stir in the hemp seeds or coconut
- Top with cacao nibs and berries
- Drizzle maple syrup on top!
Let me know if you end up making this dish! I would love to hear what you think in the comments below.